1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Roles and responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and safety
Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
pensions pay Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
You can find information from your line manager/team leader or a union representative.
Also you can contact acas or citizens advice bureau or go on the internet using direct.gov web site.
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Unions are there to help employees with all kinds of company disputes if there is a dispute with pay or your contract a union rep can help, they are also there to help with any disciplinary action brought against an employee
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
Employers are responsible for making sure line managers/team leaders allow and understand diversity and treat each member of staff fairly.
Employers must train and pay all members of staff equally to avoid unfair discrimination.
Employees must also understand and except diversity and treat each co-worker as you would want to be treated,
Employees must always be careful how they speak to people and get to know someone before they judge them.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
The benefits of diversity and equality in the workforce means the employer has all kinds of people with different backgrounds working together, meaning they can all learn off each other. Each employee is trained and paid equally for their job role.
When employees with different skills, experience and age work together more often than not you will benefit from all strengths and weaknesses of each employee because ones strength is another one weakness.
Overall the organisation would benefit from its workforce being confident, organised, skilled and motivated. This would then lead