1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1. Name of organization
2. Date of starting work
3. Title of the job/ place of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
1. Health and Safety
2. Pay and pensions
3. Data protection.
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
4. Health and Safety
5. Pay and pensions
6. Employment rights and responsibilities.
3. …show more content…
Employers have responsibilities for the health, safety and security of their employees. They are also responsible for any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers and the general public:
• make the workplace safe and healthy
• ensure that plant and machinery is safe to use, and that safe working practices are set up and followed
• tell workers about any potential hazards from the work, chemicals and other substances used by organisation and give information, instructions, training and supervision as needed
• make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting and facilities all meet health, safety and welfare requirements
• check that the right work equipment is provided and is properly used and regularly maintained
• prevent or control exposure to substances that may damage workers health
• provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge if needed
• report certain accidents, injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to either the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or the local authority, depending on the type of business
• carry out a risk assessment and then take security actions to reduce the chances of the risks actually arising ( for example providing personal safety training)
• employer have responsibilities to ensure that employees' personal details are respected and securely protected:
- employees' personal details stored safely and not disclosed to any other