• All their theme parks are strategically located to make sure that everyone around the world can experience and visit the theme parks.
• The theme parks are located in Europe, Japan, US and Hong Kong. And they now planning to open one theme park in India too.
• Social media and websites such as like Facebook, Twitter, TV programs and licensed merchandise are used by Disney to promote their products.
• They also have a website where people can play games online.
• In 2012, a total of $ 2.112 Billion was spent by Disney just for advertising their products and it went up by 9.3%.
• Disney is positioned at number 50 in 2012 and they jumped tremendously the following year (2013) to number 27 and with a brand value of $ 15, 392 in 2012 and $ 20, 548 in 2013 and with AAA brand rating too.
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) matrix
This describes Walt Disney’s market attractiveness through the relationship between its market share and profitability. Under the BCG matrix, there are four categories which are star, cash cow, and question mark. Consumer products (merchandise) fall under the star category which means that the company’s products are gradually growing. Presently under the cash cow category is Disney’s media which is also known as cable TV. This indicates that Disney’s TV shows are matured and this can contribute to the company’s