1. The main character grew up in what country?
d) United States.
2. What was the main character named after?
a) A famous landmark.
b) His grandfather.
c) His father.
d) A swimming pool.
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
a) They were happy living in the zoo.
b) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
c) They would like to return to the wild.
d) They were not happy living in the zoo.
4. Who is Mamji?
a) A person who studied in England for two years.
b) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
c) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
d) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
5. In Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
a) A Canadian hospital.
b) A Mexican hospital.
c) A Mexican restaurant.
d) An English restaurant.
6. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
7. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
8. When Pi's father takes his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
a) They watch a tiger eat a goat.
b) His father shows them how quickly animals could kill them.
c) His father tells them not to try and pet a tiger.
d) His father tells them none of the animals could be touched.
9. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
a) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
b) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
c) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
d) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
10. When have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
a) When the animals reproduce.
b) When the animals get along with humans.
c) When the animals don't try to get out.
d) When the animals eat well.
11. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
a) When they are unhappy.
b) When they are hungry.
c) When they want to return to their prior home.
d) When they don't like their habitat.
12. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
a) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
b) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
c) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
d) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
13. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
a) All lions want to be dominated.
b) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
c) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
14. What is the omega animal?
a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
b) The hardest animal to train.
c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
d) The animal is given the easiest tricks to learn.
15. What religion is Pi?
16. How important is religion to Pi?
a) It is very important.
b) It is not important at all.
c) It is somewhat important.
d) It is important depending on the circumstances.
17. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
a) Tea estates.
b) Religious temples.
18. Which of the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
a) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
b) Pi told Fr. Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
c) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
d) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
19. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
a) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
b) By listening to his parents.
c) By talking to his friends.
d) By studying at school.
20. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim