Study Questions for written final to be given Dec. 3, 2013 9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
Chapter One. An Intro to IMC Communication
1. Name the four Ps of the marketing mix:
Product, price, place and promotion.
2. Which of the following is not one of the five traditional media used in promotions?
c. Social media
d. Television, radio
3. Name two nontraditional media.
Company website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, FourSquare,
4. True/False: Elements of the promotional mix include: Advertising, direct marketing, interactive marketing, sales promotion, public relations/publicity, personal selling.
5. Our book defines advertising as any paid form of non-personal communication about an organization, product, service or idea by an identified sponsor. Name the one exception to paying for this communication. Public Service Announcements or PSAs.
Chapter two. The Role of IMC in the Communication Process
6. What is a shot gun approach?
a. When someone goes duck hunting and comes back with four ducks.
b. When companies identify their markets and what the needs are for the consumers.
c. When a target market has not been selected, and companies throw an ad in different places hoping to hit someone.
d. When market segments have been selected carefully for an ad to be placed.
7. True/False: A company holds a competitive advantage when its product is copied by other competitors. 8. What is the difference between brand identity and brand equity? (essay question)
Brand identity is a logo, design, symbol etc. that represents a company
Brand equity is the value behind the brand.
9. What is demographic segmentation? (essay question)
Identifying a segment of a population by age, gender, race, generation, education, socioeconomic status, family status and/or geographic location.
10. True/False: Psychographic segmentation is when you consider a consumer's personality, values and lifestyle.
Chapter three. The Role of Agencies and Marketing Communication Organizations
11. In a centralized system the ____________________ is responsible for all promotions activities. a. Web Developer
b. Advertising Manager
c. Brand Manager
12. An agency that is owned and operated by the advertiser (client) is called?
a. Full-service Agency
b. Creative Boutique
c. Digital Marketing Agency
d. In-house Agency
13. How are agencies compensated?
a. Percentage Charges
b. Fee Arrangement’s
d. All the above
14. A couple ways agencies gain clients is by…
a. Referrals, and image reputation
b. Personnel changes
c. Solicitations and public relations
d. B & C
e. A & C
15. What does a PR Firm do?
a. Develop and administer contests and sweepstakes
b. Database management
c. Manages the organization’s publicity and image
d. Create banner ads, and social media campaigns
Chapter four. Consumer Behavior
16. Which is not a stage of Consumer Decision-Making Process?
a. Problem recognition
b. Purchase decision
c. Post Purchase Evaluation
d. Bargain search
e. Information Search
Stages in the Consumer Decision-Making Process
Problem recognition àInformation Search àAlternative evaluation àPurchase decision àPost Purchas Evaluation
17. Which is not one of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?
a. Physiological needs
d. Love and belonging
Physiological needs- required to sustain life
Safety- the need of security
Social/love and belonging- need for satisfying relationships
Esteem- need to feel a sense of accomplishment
Self-actualization- need for self-fulfillment
18. True/False: A factor that compels a consumer to take a particular action is a motive.
19. There are two types of evaluative criteria, objective and subjective. Explain the difference between them.
Objective- price, warrantee, fuel economy, measurable criteria
Subjectively- image, styling, performance, design