Rave Culture Outline
● Attention Getter : Has anybody in here been to a rave ?
● For those who haven't , put yourself in a place where there are no limits, no boundaries, nothing holding you back. A place where there is no judgment, no rules, no hatred; a utopian place where you can allow yourself to be set free and enjoy the moment in which you are in. Imagine this place as somewhere that you can allow yourself to sit back and relax; release the tensions that have been built up for the past whichever number of years that has suppressed the real you. Within these words, it is the best of which I can describe the indescribable feelings that a rave can bring until you have experienced one for yourself. ● Today , I will inform you about the roots of rave culture while comparing as well contrasting the differences between raves back then and today.
● Statement : Rave culture is rapidly on the rise in popularity amongst teenagers and young adults today.
● Where it all started from and how it is today.
● What the music is really about.
● Promoters and drug use.
● Transition : Where did it all start ?
● #1: Raves expanded from 1980s dance parties, accompanied by the emergence of
European techno music and American house music.
● #2: Rave music evolved from 1980s simple beats such as techno, house and garage music. ● #3: Promoters started to take advantage of a new teenager rave generation along with
MDMA drug uses.
● In conclusion , Raves have advance over many generations and years from small contribution to highly increased level of commercials through social media and other advertisements. It had been boundless and exposed towards young people by large event of promotions and promoters.
● Connor, Connie. "National Drug Intelligence Center." <i>Raves</i>. 1 Apr. 2001. Web.
29 Nov. 2014.
● "MDMA (Ecstasy or Molly)." <i>NIDA for Teens</i>. Web. 2 Dec. 2014.
Rave culture is rapidly on the rise in popularity amongst teenagers and young adults today.
The massive events that are held several times a year allows ravers from all across the world to
come together under the same electric night sky and just enjoy an entire night of their favorite
DJs, dance music, and beats. With different stages consisting of many artists and dancers to perform all at once, you are able to pick and choose which stage you want to “rave” in and watch your favorite artist or DJ perform. The emotions that the music brings to your body are sensational. The DJs put their passion into their mixes and basses and to the average person; Lin 2
These synonymous, lowpitched sounds are simply just a couple of repetitive beats. However, to the longstanding raver, these beats speak to them deeply profound levels. Through these mixes or songs typically have no verbal lyrics; they remarkably are still able to connect with an individual on common grounds. These euphoric beats and sounds flow through their bodies giving them a rush of feelings and chills. There is sense of unity and respect amongst all rave attendees that brings them all together as one big family, meaning they are really friendly and respectful towards one another. Ravers take advantage of these positive vibes because it is not what they get from their everyday lives. They have finally found to come into a place where they are not given attitude by their boss, family or other surroundings that are stressed out. However, these crowds of attendees are not how the rave was sparked. Raves expanded from 1980s dance parties, accompanied by the emergence of European techno music and
American house music. Contrary from current, raves sponsored in 1980s by European clubs were
kept enigmatic from public and law enforcement where the location was not announced…