1. Each and every year, customers will demand increased performance and decreased size in the sensors that our firm manufactures and sells, however each customer segment has different requirements as to the rate this change should occur (Table 1). High-end customers are looking for the most total amount of change with a change in performance and size at rates of 0.9 and -0.9 respectively. In contrast, the low-end consumer has the lowest expectations from year to year with a change in performance and size of 0.5 and -0.5 respectively. Other customer segments are more interested in specifically performance or size. Performance customers expect performance to increase more than any other customer segment we serve. Likewise, Size customers prefer decreases in size (as compared to performance) at a rate higher than another other customer segment. Our traditional customers prefer increases in performance and decreases in size at a more average level (Table 1). The largest expected demand growth rate is for high end products at a rate of 20.2% per year, and the lowest expected demand growth is traditional products with a demand growth of 6.7% per year (Table 2). 2. Our firm has identified a short-term opportunity to increase capacity for our low end products, as the current capacity falls short of the market demand (by 93 units per firm or 558 for the industry) (Table 3). Our long-term strategy is to exploit the most profitable customers in the marketplace, as measured by the contribution margin achieved (discussed further in the next section). The recent split of the large conglomerate has created an equal share of capacity and demand for each of the six industry competitors. Given this temporary situation, our firm has identified what would be clearly identified by the competitors. Thus, we may adapt our strategy to exploit the second most profitable areas to capture the markets overlooked by our rivals in order to establish more ground with respect to marketshare. 3. Based on our current production capacity, and if our firm were to produce and sell our maximum capacity, we would expect to achieve a profit of $110,834,000 during this year (Table 4). This is taking into account a 30% second shift for our Acre product, which is currently in use. All other production remains the same with just a single shift. 4. Following the division of our conglomerate, there is not yet any customer loyalty to any of the…
Now if you don’t ever want to get this disease pay attention. There’s really only three ways you can catch Amoebic Dysentery. One is drinking contaminated water. Two is eating contaminated raw veggies and fruits. And finally having unprotected oral-anal sexual contact. You’re most likely to get it if you live in crowded conditions or in close with other people, such as at an army barrack. If you have a weak immune system, like if you have chemo therapy or you have HIV.
For those that are unfortunate…
what are situational judgement tests and how do they work?
Situational Judgement Tests (or ‘SJTs’, as they are often abbreviated to) come in a great variety of guises and have been growing in popularity as an assessment method since the late nineties. Currently organisations as diverse as Waitrose, the NHS, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sony, Wal-Mart, Deloitte, John Lewis, the law firm Herbert Smith, the Fire Service and many more, are using SJTs as part of their recruitment process.
Innovation & Strategic Situational Analysis
Abel Garcia, Miguel Gutierrez, Karan Mody, Jamie Moody
April 30, 2015
Dr. Kamal Ranasinghe
Innovation & Strategic Situational Analysis
For many years people have relied on public transportation and taxis; however, Uber has managed to change the world of transportation with some help of technology. This business has made requesting transportation more convenient, affordable, safe and quick. This is the business that has managed to connect…
• Fiedler’s Model
• Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Theory
• Path-Goal Theory
• Effective group performance depends on the proper match between leadership style and the degree to which the situation gives the leader control (situational control)
• Leadership style: assessed by LPC scale
• Assumes that leadership style (based on orientation revealed in LPC questionnaire) is fixed
• Considers Three Situational Factors that determine control:
SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Many employers are now asking interview questions where you will need to describe specific
situations and examples from past experience. These are called situational, behavioral, or skills-based
type questions. To answer these questions use examples from work, volunteer experience or education
that will show an employer your ability to do the job. Prepare by thinking of examples you could give
that demonstrate skill in areas such as teamwork, organization, quick-thinking…
class, which students were failing. The department head identified that the change in direction required new textbooks, altered assessments, and increased student participation to be successful. The department head first had to identify his/her situational leadership style to effectively implement changes to improving the class while gaining buy-in from faculty and students. The premise for change existed because of the failing scores. The flexibility of the department head was imperative in the success…
and how could First and Business Class facilities be differentiated from those in economy? and finally
viii. How could all the ideas above be consolidated and effected so that SIA would be the technological leader in civil aviation?
3.0 SITUATIONAL ANALYSIS OF SINGAPORE AIRLINES
SIA is one of the world’s 10 biggest international airlines. It is also a leader in service, in comfort and luxury. It was the first airline in Southeast Asia to order jumbo jets. Singapore Airline’s competitive…
Situational Leadership Case Study Paper
February 9, 2013
In search of what situational leadership style would fit me better, I completed the Situational Leadership Style Self-Assessment provided on line and adapted from Hersey and Blanchard. This paper will assess the results of this self-assessment and study its application on a given case study. In the process, I will be discussing if I agree or not with the results and I will be identifying…