1.What is Lifespan development?
2. Distinguish between physical, cognitive, personality, and social development.
3. Distinguish between the major theoretical perspectives:
4. Be familiar with the different types of research.
• Correlational research
• Experimental research
• Naturalistic observation
• Case study
• Survey research
• Psychophysiological methods
4. Be familiar with key theorists and their theories/ contributions to the field.
• Sigmund Freud
• Jean Piaget
• Carl Rogers
• Albert Bandura
• Lawrence Kohlberg
• Lev Vygotsky
• Erik Erikson
• Charles Darwin
• Noam Chomsky
• Mary Ainsworth
5. Approximately 50 of the 75 questions were taken from your open-book quiz assignment. These questions may be reworded or restructured, but I encourage students to spend time reviewing the quiz assignment.
RESEARCH PAPER/PROJECT COVERSHEET
Final Deadline ______________________________
The research project will require students to select, research, and evaluate a product designed for infant or child play/entertainment. Students should adequately introduce, describe, and evaluate the toy, book, video, or other entertainment product. Your project will be evaluated based on the attention given to the following objectives.
Did the writer/presenter …
Objective Points available Points awarded Comments
--adequately explain and introduce the product? 5
--elaborate about the intended purpose and uses of the product? 5
--discuss the association between the product and the text’s specific areas of development referencing relevant theories and concepts? a. Physical
---allot an appropriate amount of attention to his/her opinion of the product and it’s intended purpose? (Would you recommend the product? Why or why not?) 10
---format the paper according to APA guidelines or utilize effective resources for the presentation (PowerPoint, poster,