Mod 1 - Apply Ethical Leadership Decision Making Process:
• Virtues – Desirable Qualities – Courage, justice, compassion
• Principals – Authoritative – Army Values
• Consequences – greatest good, greatest number of people
Ethical reasoning – informal process – integral
Army Problem Solving:
1. Form of decision making.
2. Is a systematic approach to define a problem, develop possible solutions to solve the problem, arriving at the best solution, implementing the best solution.
3. Solve near-term problems, form the basis for long-term success.
Army Seven Step Problem Solving Model:
1. ID the problem – WWWWW
2. Gather information – Facts, Assumptions, Interest
3. Develop …show more content…
Training prepares individuals, units, staffs, and their leaders to conduct full spectrum operations anytime and anywhere along the spectrum of conflict.
3 Spectrums that complement each other – Operational / Institutional / Self-development
Soldiers and army civilians cycle between the institutional and operational domains for training and education throughout their careers.
The army training management tool – METL (Mission-essential task list)
Top-down/bottom-up approach to training is a team effort that applies mission command to training.
Mod 1 – Measures to Reduce Combat Stress:
Controlling combat stress can be a factor between victory and defeat in all forms of human conflict.
Leaders directly influence the level of stress in a unit.
Define stress and stress related terminology:
1. Stressors – a stressor is any event or situation which requires a non-routine change in adaptation or behavior.
2. Combat stressors – are stressors related to combat operations.
3. Stress – is the internal process of preparing to deal with a stressor.
4. Stress Appraisal – stress may or may not involve conscious awareness of the threat.
5. Physical stressors