Mod 1 - Apply Ethical Leadership Decision Making Process:
• Virtues – Desirable Qualities – Courage, justice, compassion
• Principals – Authoritative – Army Values
• Consequences – greatest good, greatest number of people
Ethical reasoning – informal process – integral
Army Problem Solving:
1. Form of decision making.
2. Is a systematic approach to define a problem, develop possible solutions to solve the problem, arriving at the best solution, implementing the best solution.
3. Solve near-term problems, form the basis for long-term success.
Army Seven Step Problem Solving Model:
1. ID the problem – WWWWW
2. Gather information – Facts, Assumptions, Interest
3. Develop …show more content…
3. Training support – the generating force and operational army share the responsibility and fulfilling it requires close coordination, integration, and synchronization.
Training prepares individuals, units, staffs, and their leaders to conduct full spectrum operations anytime and anywhere along the spectrum of conflict.
3 Spectrums that complement each other – Operational / Institutional / Self-development
Soldiers and army civilians cycle between the institutional and operational domains for training and education throughout their careers.
The army training management tool – METL (Mission-essential task list)
Top-down/bottom-up approach to training is a team effort that applies mission command to training.
Mod 1 – Measures to Reduce Combat Stress:
Controlling combat stress can be a factor between victory and defeat in all forms of human conflict.
Leaders directly influence the level of stress in a unit.
Define stress and stress related terminology:
1. Stressors – a stressor is any event or situation which requires a non-routine change in adaptation or behavior.
2. Combat stressors – are stressors related to combat operations.
3. Stress – is the internal process of preparing to deal with a stressor.
4. Stress Appraisal – stress may or may not involve conscious awareness of the threat.
5. Physical stressors