Answer each question in 50 to 150 words. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
1. What is diversity? Why is diversity valued?
Diversity for me is recognizing that we are all human, we are all different in the way we work and bring a specific value to the team. No matter what our race, gender, sexual preference, we are all human and respect that we live in the same earth. It is valued in most work places to show team work that everyone can work toward a common goal.
2. What is ethnocentrism? In what ways can ethnocentrism be detrimental to a society?
Ethnocentrism is when you believe that your ethnic group is better than all other groups. It is judging them in believing less education, speech, behavior, religion is inferior to their own. It is very detrimental to society to not respect someone else’s customs because then you don’t see them as equal anymore.
3. Define emigration and immigration.
4. em·i·grate verb \ˈe-mə-ˌgrāt\ : to leave a country or region to live elsewhere im·mi·grate verb \ˈi-mə-ˌgrāt\ : to come to a country to live there
Just as it says one is leaving a country and the other is coming to the country.
5. What are some of the ways groups of people are identified?
There are a few different way some people can be identified, religion, race, ethnicity, gender, just like the United States we have American, Chinese, Latin, Spanish, and Japanese. Gender is another way as males are considered social majority, and females considered minority. That is another example of group.
6. Why do…