Distribution (Place) Chapters
Bold letter indicates possible discussion question areas.
* Marketing channels 380. What is it that channels do (create utility, efficiency, etc.)? * Types of intermediaries 380 (fig 15-1) * Functions (fig 15-3) 381 * Direct versus indirect channels 382-383 * Industrial distributors 384/merchant wholesalers 387 * Dual distribution 386 * Industrial distributors versus manufacturer’s reps (know the difference between what each does). 388 * Channel partnerships 391 * Intensive, select, and exclusive distribution 393 * Channel conflict 397/captain 398
* Logistic and logistics management 406. * Supply chain/management 406-407 fig 16-1 * Total logistics cost 412 * Third party logistics 417 * Various transportation modes fig 16-6 418 * Understand the entire section on Key Logistics Functions beginning 417 * JIT 422
* Contractual Systems: Section on Franchising (pros and cons of ownership) 433
* Promotional Mix and IMC: The integrated marketing communications model (figure 18.1) and the communication process. All components (458) source, receiver, noise, encoding and decoding process, etc. * The entire Promotional Elements section (begins 460): Advertising-through direct marketing/ Fig 18-2 * The PLC curve and what takes place during each stage. fig 18-3 465-468 * Push versus pull 469 * Hierarchy of effects 470 * Establishing budgets section 471
* Types of Advertising section (nature and type) starts 486; includes all terms (institutional, advocacy, pioneer, competitive, comparative, reminder and reinforcement) * Designing ads/appeal types 490-491 * Selecting type medium (see fig 19-3) 496 * Reach and frequency 494 * Types of sales promotions (fig 19-6) 506 * Publicity and Public relations section starts 512
* What is personal selling 520 * Order getters/order takers/team selling starts 522 * Figure 526