The spring semester deadline for all service hours is Thursday, May 10th.
Reflection Project (and Presentations) Due: (2nd semester) Friday, May 11, 2012 period 1 and Monday, May 14, 2012
Project Guidelines: Choice one, or a combination, of the following formats: essay (1” border, 12 point, Times New Roman font, double spaced, 2 pages in length, plus cover page), art project (e.g., drawing, painting, collage, sculpture, photography), music, dramatic monologue, or video.
Spring Semester Questions
Reflection: Reflect on the following questions. Use the reflection questions as the basis for your project.
1. Describe your project: what did you do, where, when, to whom you ministered etc. Include all general information about your project.
2. How did the work of your supervisor or others who worked for the agency impact the lives of the people you served? What impressed you about the work they did?
3. What were the successes and challenges that your agency faced while serving those in need?
4. How did faith or religion play a role in the life of the community who worked and those whom you served? Explain.
5. What was it like to collaborate in a service organization for those in need?
6. Describe a way that the St. Monica Catholic High School community could support this agency through a service project done here on campus.
Your project must address each of these questions in order to receive full credit. If you were involved in several projects, reflect on and talk about what was most meaningful to you in each of the projects. Please refer to the questions above.
Reflection Project Grading: The project will be graded on the extent to which it is organized, is grammatically correct, answers the reflection questions, is creative, is thought-provoking and shows effort. It is worth 80 points.
Presentation Guidelines: In 3-5 minutes, your presentation should 1) describe your service project using the reflection questions as your focus and 2) close with a prayer of gratitude for your experience. It is worth 20 points.
Rubric for Final Project:
Expectations, Standards, Competencies, and…