2. What personality factors are associated with bad health? - Neuroticism/negative affect - Type A Behavior - Hostility/Disagreeableness
3. Explaining the link between personality and health - Stress, Physiological mechanisms, Coping Strategies, Social Support, Health habits, Self report
4. What is Social Support? - Social network - Perceived social support: emotional support, belongingness support, Instrumental/tangible support, informational/appraisal support, esteem/validational support - Received social support
5. What is the link between social support and health? - Psychological well-being - Physical well-being
6. How does social support lead to better health? | Social Support -> Stress appraisal + Coping + Health Behavior -> Health outcome | - Cardiovascular system - Immune System - Neuroendocrine System
7. When does social support lead to better health? - Buffering hypothesis - Direct effect hpothesis
8. Women receive and benefit from social support more than men.
9. What factors lead to the social support-health link?
1. What personality factors are associate with good health?
2. What personality factors are associate with bad health?
3. Explain the link between personality and health.
1. Healthy personality factors - Optimism □ Associated with better mental physical health □ Less stressful □ Caution: could be reverse causation! Healthy people are more optimistic of their