1. The civilian conservation corps (CCC) 2. Isolationism-refused to take sides. 3. Great Britain, Canada, France and United States. 4. Temporary, helping their family 5. It made it work 6. Spanish blew up the ship Maine, burned Cuban towns, “yellow journalism”, Letter 7. Domestic Affairs 8. Patriotism, Recruiting, Dfrating-1917 selective service act 9. Idk 10. Training and opportunities unavailable in the civilian, American mainstream 11. Bank holiday, congress passed the emergency banking act to restore public confidence in banking system 12. D-day Beginning end of the WW2 13. To promote help 14. Nixon began heavy bombing in north Vietnam and Cambodia 15. Mistrust in Vietnam, and Watergate 16. Soviet collapse, George h.w. bush, Reagan 17. Truman doctrine- Kennan telegram 18. U.S. manufacturing productivity, domestic consumerism increased 19. Nuclear deterrence 20. Natural phenomena such as drought and wind-60 years of intensive grazing and farming blew soil away. 21. Increased consumer and business spending and an increase in gov. expenditures, health care, education and military. 22. G.I. Bill 23. Offering Britain direct military aid through the lend-lease program 24. Increase in defense 25. Woodstock 26. Cease fire 27. His lack of evidence 28. Warsaw pact binding soviet satellite-alliance against west. 29. Developed around the country offering mass produced cookie-cutter housing and affordable 30. Domestic and motherly 31. Rebellion 32. Dominant three 33. Separate but equal doctrine in public education 34. Private solutions to public problems by fostering voluntary cooperation within business community 35. Barred discrimination in public accommodations fedarl gov, desegregate schools, and out law discrimination. 36. Evangelist 37. Welfare, education, immigration 38. Consumer spending by putting money in hand of people 39. They were non violent protest 40. Body counts 41. Coordinated strategy, u.s. industry, human resources in soviet union 42. To look superior over other countries 43. Americans won the battles-military standpoint convince people they were winning-political defeat 44. End American involvement in the war and turning control of the war to south Vietnam 45. Immediately Iranian hostage crisis resolved “supply side economics”-regulation of energy reduced environmental regulation. 46. Détente 47. Advisor on domestic policy, foreign policy 48. Gave Johnson a blank check in charge of the war congressional authority 49. Work-employment 50. Panama, gulf war- quaik, Iraq 51. Recovery to build European economies 52. Timber, steel and agriculture 53. Telephone, light bulb, type writer, power grid, Bessemer
US HISTORY MIDTERM Review Sheet
Midterm Exam Format:
Part I: 40 Multiple Choice
Part II: Identification and Historical Significance: Chose 2 of 5
Part III: Informational PDQ: Choose 1 out of 2
Part IV: Argumentative PDQ: Choose 1 out of 2
Possible topics for written paragraphs:
~Colonial Settlement and Expansion (Jamestown, Mass Bay)
~Bill of Rights/Constitution
~Birth of the Early Republic
~Expansion into the west (conflicts, movements, etc…
Islamic History Midterm Review
General People groups/Titles
Non Muslim influences
-Were a group of intellectuals highly influenced by Greek philosophy.
-They believed that the Qur’an was not eternal, rather that it was created.
-They believed that an individual had free will (God did not determine all acts).
-A group of mu’tazilites was very popular with one Caliph (al-Ma’mun), he would actually start…
East Asian History and Rock Music Test Review
1. Korea is divided by this betw. Soviet North w/ a Communist gov. and US South. During Korean War, General MacArthur was told not to go past this, but when he did to push North to China, he was fired.
2. Japan wrote a new constitution that outlawed war, after WWII. May 1947. America’s goal was to make Japan a cold war ally.
3. This band was part of the British invasion
4. Wrote folk music, protest songs against Vietnam…
AP World History – Midterm Review Guide
The Midterm Exam will consist of two parts.
Part I will be 50 definitions that you will need to match with the proper term. All definitions will come from the list below.
Part II will consist of 2 separate essays that you will need to write. You will have 4 choices for each essay, all taken from the list following the definitions.
Terms and Definitions:
1. Bantu migration:
The spread of Bantu-speaking peoples from their homeland in what…
Critical Review: The History of Femininity in Sport and Physical Activity in Canada
Submitted by: Rebecca L Ellis (6853005)
31 January, 2014
APA 2302 History of Sport and Physical Activity in Canada
Submitted to: Eileen O’Connor
Faculty of Human Kinetics
University of Ottawa
Females in sport and physical activity are only just becoming an accepted part of Canadian society. Over the last century, girls and women in sport have faced discrimination and have had to fight…
AP World History
July 30, 2014
Guns, Germs, and Steel Book Review
Jared Diamond’s widely acclaimed book, Guns, Germs, and Steel, “attempts to provide a short history of everybody for the last 13,000 years” (Diamond, 9). Delving deeper into the preface and prologue, we learn that Diamond endeavors not only to educate us on the history of the world, but explore the age-old question: why did history itself turn out the way it did? Why did Eurasia develop so much faster than places such as the…
AP US History Learning Objectives Review Project
Americans in the late colonial period were used to being able to do what they wanted. When the British began to issue new taxes on the Americans without their consent, the colonists rejected the taxes out of the belief that the British were trying to take money from them rather than using tax to regulate commerce. These new taxes stimulated dissent from the Americans and led directly to the Virginia Resolves, which declared that only the…
The Great Depression:
* The Stock Market and Black Tuesday
* The stock market worked like this. Companies would divide up their assets into shares (aka stocks) which would then be sold on the market. Buyers would then buy those stocks thus becoming partial owners of the company. Some would buy on margin, meaning they would loan money from the broker. These people would make much more money when the stocks went up, however they would also lose a lot of money if the stocks went down.…
decisions in order to end the conflict
This is a plan that called for the South Vietnamese to take a more active role in fighting and for
American troops to become less involved, Nixon thought of this
Review the fact the Johnson administration was lying and American public gets it thrown in
their faces that they were lying
Kent State Shooting:
In April 1970, Cambodian bombings continued and US troops were sent in to destroy bases
Study Guide FINAL Political Science
Foreign Policy Chp.18 Part #1
-The goals of foreign policy are ?
-What the goals of foreign policy did ?
-Types of securities of foreign policy?
Foreign Policy Chp.18 Part #2
- Foreign policy post cold war ?
-What are the two things needed to make a nation work?
-Military expenditures ?
-Goals of economic prosperity are what ?
-The most favored nation status ?
-International humanitarian policies…