Author: S.Aswathi – I MBA SSM School of Management, Komarapalayam.
Co-Author: A.Pravinth – I MBA SSM School of Management, Komarapalayam.
This paper gives an overview of Human development, family and society from three angles via., biology, psychology and humanity. In biological terms, this entails growth from a one-celled zygote to an adult human being. Whereas in terms of psychology, it refers to the gradual accumulation of knowledge and is the scientific study of changes that occur in life of human beings. In terms of humanity, it involves studies of the human condition with its core being the capability approach, which therefore needs both the resources and ability to use them. There …show more content…
• Sustainability is the view that we all have the right to earn a living that can sustain our lives and have access to a more even distribution of goods.
• Productivity states the full participation of people in the process of income generation. This also means that the government needs more efficient social programs for its people.
• Empowerment is the freedom of the people to influence development and decisions that affect their lives.
• Cooperation stipulates participation and belonging to communities and groups as a means of mutual enrichment and a source of social meaning.
• Security offers people development opportunities freely and safely with confidence that they will not disappear suddenly in the future.
Measurement of human development
One measure of human development is the Human Development Index (HDI), formulated by the United Nations Development Programme. The index encompasses statistics such as life expectancy at birth, an education index (calculated using mean years of schooling and expected years of schooling), and gross national income per capita. Though this index does not capture every aspect that contributes to human capability, it is a standardized way of quantifying human capability across nations and communities. Aspects