1st part: Vocabulary || 1-25 words
1. Product: A substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction.
2. Fuel: A material that releases energy when it burns.
3. Chemical symbol: A one- or two-letter representation of an element.
4. Hydrogen ion: A positively charged ion formed of hydrogen atom that has lost its electron. (H+)
5. Protons: A positively charged particle that is part of an atom’s nucleus.
6. Enzymes: A biological catalyst that lowers the activation energy of reactions in cells.
7. Hydroxide ions: A negatively charged ion made of oxygen and hydrogen. (OH-)
8. Atomic Mass: The average mass of all the isotopes of an element.
9. Molecules: A neutral particle made of two or more atoms joined by covalent bonds.
10. Element: A pure substance that cannot be broken down into other substances by chemical or physical means.
11. Acids: A substance that tastes sour, reacts with metals and carbonates, and turns blue litmus red.
12. Chemical Formula: A combination of symbols that represents the elements in a compound and their proportions.
13. Polar Bond: A covalent bond in which electrons are shared unequally.
14. Ion: An atom or group of atoms that has become electrically charged.
15. Electrons: A negatively charged particle that is found outside the nucleus of an atom.
16. Matter: Anything that has mass and occupies space.
17. Bases: A substance that tastes bitter, feels slippery, and turns red litmus paper blue.
18. Activation Energy: The minimum amount of energy needed to get a chemical reaction started.
19. Inhibitor: A material that decreases the rate of a reaction.
20. Solid: A state of matter that has a definite shape and a definite volume.
21. International System of Units (SI): The system of units (SI) used by scientists to measure the properties of matter.
22. Atomic Number: The number of protons in the nucleus of an atom.
23. Precipitate: A solid that forms from a solution during a chemical reaction.
24. Period: A horizontal row of elements in the periodic table.
25. Fluid: A substance that can easily flow.
2nd Part: 26-72 questions 26. Using 2 or more of your senses to gather info is observing. 27. Physical Property Example is; texture,…