3.12 Using the Stylebook 10
1. His solution turned out to be the most equal of the two. His solution turned out to be the more equal of the two.
2. Ga. Sec. of State George Smith testified at the Congressional hearing. Georgia Secretary of State George Smith testified at the Congressional hearing.
3. tis, the Gay 1890’s, a South America country, 1492 A.D. 4. Write the plurals for the following words: Eskimo, Eskimos; chili, chilies; memorandum, memorandums; ski, skis.
5. The ballif opened the court by saying, “Oyes, oyes, oyes!”
6. He spread out his palate and went to sleep.
7. carry-over (adjective), nitty-gritty, nit-picking, know-how
8. What do the following abbreviations stand for?
USIA United States Information Agency
GOP Grand Old Party
EST Eastern Standard Time
TVA Tennessee Valley Authority
Which, if any, of these abbreviations is acceptable for first reference? USIA and EST
9. The pan had a Teflon surface.
10. He was graduated from a teacher’s college in the north.
3.13 Using the Stylebook II
1. Write the plurals for the following words: referendum,