1. I have taken the online test for Keirsey Temperament Sorter II. The test results came back that I am a Guardian Provider. I believe that this assessment of my personality type is found to be true in many ways. I take a lot of responsibility onto myself to ensure the fullest potential of health and welfare is being achieved by the ones around me which could be considered meaningful interaction. I have a lot of empathy for the feelings of the people around me and I also go the extra mile to make sure everyone is doing okay. I am sympathetic to the feeling of others, as well as sensitive of other people’s perception of me. This sensitivity to other’s opinions makes me more self-conscious of myself. I am influenced by whether people like or respect me which sometimes effects my self-esteem. I need more encouragement, rather than criticism, even if it is constructive. When trying to complete a task I am very motivated, and if I have the proper situational factors, the understanding of the role perception and given the ability, I believe I have a “can do” attitude in completing any task, which is considered to be self-efficacy. A Positive organizational behavior helps me in my life as far as communication. I pride myself on being cooperative and efficient with others. I take it upon myself to protect my closest relationships from any harm and I will approach just about anyone to see how they are doing. I have a tendency of quickly forming an opinion of like or dislike of someone and letting them know my feelings of them, which is considered a primacy effect. I do believe I have a global mind set. I empathize and respect others and value there social cultures.
2. In the Five Type of Workplace Behaviors, I would display Task Performance, Maintaining Attendance, Joining/Staying with the Organization, and Organizational Citizenship.
- Task Performance because when I am give a task I am efficient, loyal and discipline to get the
job out on time with no mistakes. My wiliness to work with others is helpful in concluding any
- Maintaining Attendance because I take pride in being dependable and trustworthy.
- Joining/Staying with the Organization because I am will to use all my skills to keep the
company successful and will not invest my time to learn new skills.
- Organizational Citizenship because I am will to go the extra mile for the company. My social
skills will benefit getting other employees more involved in the project to achieve the goals of
the organization. I am able to take into account the different talents and intelligences, both of
my own and that of the team members and match those talents to the task at hand.
3. When heading up a new product and making it successful the important traits are cohesiveness, communication, decision-making, collaboration and leadership. Each team member should have the personality traits of the Five Factor Model. Which include openness, stability, agreeableness, conscientiousness, and extraversion.
For my personality type (Guardian Provider) the responsibility I prefer to take on in this team would be to communicate within the team and with the external environment. My main objectives would be to coordinate activities such as obtaining feedback and negotiating and coordinating with outsiders.
The team would have to have an average level of the Five Factor Model among the members. For the team to be successful it would need diverse members. A rational personality type would provide balance to the team. Rationals are always curious of new problems and what new solutions they can forsee. They are practical and act efficiently to achieve their objective. The rational personality would oppose viewpoints that will enhance the team’s solutions and create new…