Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Review Phoenix Career Plan results of Career Plan Building Activity: Work Culture Preference, respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment. My ideal study environment is a nice quiet area. I usually wait until my teenagers are set in their cozy bedrooms for the night before trying to tackle any reading or writing. I usually turn my cell phone off or vibrate and shut down any social media networks where pop up chats can occur.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom. Anything can hinder your studies when you at home trying to study. Family can be the biggest distraction. Staying focused is another big distraction. One has to be deciated to study and avoid losing site of the big picture. You do not have someone standing over you reminding you to get things done with the online environment.
3. What actions can you take to manage and eliminate distractions? By planning when I am going to study and how I am going to study. I set up daily goals for the day. Letting my family know what my schedules are going to be. Turn off TV’s, phones or move to a location where I can study in peace. Making an organized well planned schedule can limit the amount of distractions during study time.
4. How will you apply your personal learning style? How does your personal Learning style affect your study habits? I am an intrapersonal learning I like to study alone; also I am a read/write learner. Reading and researching my subject material, and taking notes helps me with my learning style. Intrapersonal learning affects my study habits if I have a lot of distractions. I set a time management schedule that allows me time to study my readings and notes.
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and why they are effective strategies for online learning. Five effective study strategies I am going to use will be manage my study time, studying every day, collaborate with others, get enough hours of sleep, and be ready for distractions. Managing my time allows the time to do my studies, and helps me stay organized with my studies. Studying everyday helps keep me retain the information. Collaborating with the other student helps me learn my studies in more depth and or different ways. Getting enough sleep helps me stay alert and helps my brain function properly. Being ready for distraction cause I have a family and anything can just pop up out of the blue. Making a schedule with flexibly built in helps overcome some of those distractions.
6. Identify one change you can make immediately to increase the effectiveness of your study habits. Explain how this will help you become more effective. I was making a daily schedule, but not a time block schedule for the day. I seemed to be running into a lot of distractions. So setting a time…