A. The composition must follow this format:
1) Typed and not hand-written.
2) Double-spaced, 1 inch margin, font size 12, Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri.
3) Have appropriate heading (your name, class, teacher’s name, date) and title.
4) Include page numbers (preferably at the lower right-hand corner of the paper).
5) 5 pages in length (you may add more)
You must submit the paper in person. You will lose points if you submit it by e-mail.
You will have until 4:00 PM to submit your paper.
Being in advanced ESL class, your writing must be of superior quality –that is, having fewer grammar mistakes, establishing a clear thesis statement, making sure that there is unity and coherence throughout, and using correct usage of words.
It is not wise to wait the last minute to work on your paper. Allow yourself plenty of time to develop your thoughts and ideas.
1. Composition Option ---Expository Essay
a) Explain the reason why you chose to learn English instead of other major languages.
b) Describe one aspect of American culture that is perceived to be negative, explain why.
c) Provide a possible solution that can fix illegal immigration in the U.S.
d) Discuss one major improvement that is needed to make the U.S. a better place.
e) Talk about the reason why most movies depict America as the hero of the modern world.
f) Give a reason why K-12 schools in the U.S. have days off during national…