In this task you will use the “Competition Bikes Inc. Storyline” case study to prepare a summary report based on your evaluation of the company’s operations.
Task: Note: Be sure to submit a copy of your Excel workbook when submitting your JET2 Task 1 work. The evaluator will need a copy of your data to ensure correct evaluation.
A. Prepare a summary report in which you do the following:
1. Evaluate the company’s operational strengths and weaknesses based on the following:
a. Horizontal analysis results
b. Vertical analysis results
c. Trend analysis results
d. Ratio analysis results
Note: Multiple strengths and multiple weaknesses should be evaluated for each task prompt. 2. Analyze the working capital of Competition Bikes Inc. Consider the following in your analysis:
• Ways to improve the working capital
• Ways to use excess working capital to generate an increase in profits
3. Evaluate the internal controls for the Competition Bikes Inc. purchasing system.
Note: Multiple weaknesses should be evaluated. a. Recommend corrective actions for any weaknesses.
Note: All weaknesses identified in section A3 should be addressed. b. Identify the risks to the company.
Note: The risks identified should be based on the evaluation of the internal controls in section A3. i. Discuss how to mitigate the risks arising from internal control weaknesses.
4. Analyze compliance with Sarbanes–Oxley requirements.
a. Recommend corrective actions for noncompliant areas. B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted