Do you think Organisation Development has a coherent approach to managing organisational change?
You should provide a summary of Organisation Development drawing on a number of academic sources
Consider and present an argument as to whether these accounts provide a coherent approach to Organisation Development.
1. The presentation should be no longer than 20 minutes
2. There must be evidence of equal participation from all set members
3. The content of the presentation and recommendations must be supported with and referenced to academic work, theory and current debates
4. There must be evidence of understanding of relevant issues and priorities
5. Marks will be allocated for the content of the presentation and not the presentation itself.
6. An electronic copy of the presentation and notes of the accompanying commentary during the presentation must be submitted with task 2 and 3 to the module web Turnitin.
7. A copy of the presentation and notes of the accompanying commentary during the presentation, with task 2 and 3 must also be submitted on Turnitin by 13th January 2015 by 23:55 pm.
Task 2: Reflective statement (800 words) – 10%
Provide a reflective account of the group presentation. Highlight what went well, what difficulties you experienced and what changes you would make if you were asked to repeat the activity.
Task 3: Written assessment (2000 – 2500 words) - 70%
Critically discuss difficulties you think an Organisation Development approach might have in managing change in a large organisation (i.e. greater than 1000 employees).
Your account should include the following:
Your understanding of the Organisation Development approach
Identification and discussion of two or three ‘difficulties’. Each difficulty is discussed in detail demonstrating a deep and critical understanding of the difficult. These ‘difficulties’ must contain some reference to aspects of Organisation Design.
Recommendations for the future of the organisation development approach (these would relate to the ‘difficulties’ you have now discussed.
Written assessment expectations
1. Have you consulted a range of academic literature for this assignment?
2. Are websites you consult academic website? (i.e. Not sales related / Wikipedia/Wiki-answer)
3. Does the assignment have a good introduction that briefly informs of your discussion?
4. Have you demonstrated a critical understanding of the issue/s in question?
5. Do all your paragraphs (except introduction/conclusion??) have a range of authors you have used as referencing?
6. Have all your references been presented correctly according to Harvard referencing?
7. Have you provided a bibliography correctly in accordance to Harvard referencing?
8. Is your account written in your own words and demonstrating a Turnitin score below 20%?
Submission: by 13th January 2015
This assignment must be submitted to the module web TURNITIN by 23.55 on the above deadline.
1. All work submitted after the submission deadline without an approved valid reason (see below) will be given a mark of zero. (This is not the same as a non-submission, as a late submission counts as an attempt and a mark of zero may allow you to resit the coursework.).
2. Short deferrals (extensions) of up to three calendar weeks can only be given for genuine "force majeure" and medical reasons, not for bad planning of your time. Please note that theft, loss, or failure to keep a back-up file, are not valid reasons. The short deferral must be applied for on or before the submission date. You can apply for a short deferral by submitting an Examination/ Coursework Deferral Application Form. For a longer delay in submission a student may apply for a (long) deferral.
Students MUST keep a copy and/or an electronic file of their assignment.
Students are required to attempt all assessed aspects of their course at the first opportunity. If…