How to stop wasting energy:
1. Turn off your television, video, Wi-Fi, play station, and other entertainment devices when they are not being used.
2. 2. Do not leave your television etc in standby mode. Devices can use up to 90% as much power in standby mode as when they are on, so it is a serious waste of energy when a device is left constantly on standby.
3. 3. Hang your clothes out to dry rather than using an electric tumble dryer. Ideally use a spin dryer before using the tumble dryer.
4. 4. Cook many items at the same time when your electric oven is hot.
5. 5. Use a microwave to reheat food or to cook small portions. Although a microwave uses a lot of power, it does so over a very short time and so saves energy overall.
Ways the school can save energy: Turn lights off when not in the room. Turn computer off when not in use. Turn projector off when not in use.
Ways the school could use resources more sustainably... Using solar panels, Using light sensors to turn on lights only if people are in the room, Recycling plastic bottles of Winston water and other drinks, wasting less food, gather rainwater to use for toilets.
Solar panels are not always reliable because the weather might be bad.
How does using more electricity affect the environment? It makes the power stations get more fossil fuels and coal because people are short of it because we are using it up so this ends with the power station searching for more.