New Aged Users
An operating system (OS) is a set of programs that manages computers resources, and provides services the software. The operating system is the most important type of system software in a computer system. Without an operating system, the computer cannot run certain programs on their computer, unless the programs can turn themselves on. Examples of popular modern operating systems include: UNIX, Mac and Microsoft Windows. The operating system provides a layer between the user and the computer. Without an operating system you would not be able to use your computer. The operating system provides the connection through which you work with the system. It passes your information to the program, carries out the programs use of memory and makes the programs do want you want is to do. The operating system also keeps the different programs running properly. The operating system software provides services to the application software which means that the user of the computer cannot start a program unless the program is self-booting
Application software is a program or group of programs designed to help the users of the computer. Application software can be divided into two groups: systems software and applications software. Systems software consists of programs that interact with the computer at a basic level. In contrast, applications software includes word processors, and spread sheet. Application software and system software manage and integrate a computer's skills, but do not directly apply them in the performance of tasks that benefit the user. The system software looks after the application, which in turn looks after the user.
Types of applications:
• Word processing: Sometimes abbreviated as WP, a word processor is a software program that can create stories, and printing documents. Unlike a typewriter using word processors you have the ability of creating a document and making any changes anywhere in the document. This document can also be saved and can be added to or changed at a later.
• Desktop Publishing: is software on a personal computer that can be used to add photos, text or graphs. Once created, these documents can be printed on a home printer or sent to a professional printing service
• Spreadsheet: a spreadsheet is a grid that organizes data into columns and rows. Spreadsheets make it easy to display information. They let you insert graphs and make tables to display all of your information.
• Graphics: is any kind of software that can create, edit, and manage 2D computer graphics. These computer graphics may be type of image or clipart.
• Database: A database is a system that collects and organizes information. Databases can store information about anything you need it to.
• Presentation: Presentation software is a group of application programs used to create a display of words and pictures that tell a story or help support a speech or public presentation of information.
Ways to organize your files are:
• Organize by file types: this means the user will be more able to find the file they are looking for on their computer quicker and all of their files that are of the same type will be saved in the same place
• Be specific on names: name all your files with logical name this means that’s the file will be easier to find
• Create folders: create sub folders that you can store all of your documents on one topic in that folder and it means that all your folders on one topic will be easier to find.
• My Documents: always save documents in my documents unless you are saving onto a pen drive to take somewhere else to use
The easiest way to organize files is to save them in folders with different headings for different topics and tasks. You can also save folders to pen drives and take them…